Italia 2012

Italia 2012
Roman Colosseum & Ruins. Rome, Italy

Cycling on Hvar Island, Croatia

WELCOME!

Hi, welcome to my blog. This is the place where I often retreat to share reflections, thoughts, opinions, & rants...links, movie recommends & photos! Feel free to add your thoughts and opinions.


"Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired."
Mother Teresa

Friday, January 27, 2012

The Daily Sales Pitch

Every single day, I walk into school having a uniquely blessed energy that has joy blissfully drizzled all over it. The only thing that I can profess is that in seeking God's grace daily, I firmly believe in his provisions for me. Yes, there are days when I've slept little to zero the night before or where my mood is crusty even before I set foot into the building BUT having said that, there is this amazingly subtle, loving and reassuring joy that's settled comfortably in my being.

Since I was a kid, I've always adored children...having this connection & being drawn to them. This I can't explain either. I only know that I feel my most natural self when I am in the midst of children whether that'd be in the guise of playing, reading, chatting or teaching. Fast forward to my role as a teacher and I know that I find joy in being with my students...being their teacher, listening, teaching, reprimanding, establishing rapport, caring, laughing, smiling...

Every single day I walk into my classroom, I am a salesperson presenting the next or newest sales pitch to beautiful young minds. The question of the day is not what they will learn today but what ideas will they buy into today?  Man, that's such a powerful honour!


The teaching journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me