Italia 2012

Italia 2012
Roman Colosseum & Ruins. Rome, Italy

Cycling on Hvar Island, Croatia

WELCOME!

Hi, welcome to my blog. This is the place where I often retreat to share reflections, thoughts, opinions, & rants...links, movie recommends & photos! Feel free to add your thoughts and opinions.


"Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired."
Mother Teresa

Friday, January 15, 2010

Responding to Haiti

Haiti has recently suffered a great devastation with the shocking earthquake that ravaged the island.
Society & civilization can only truly flourish if we mobilize & join one another in unity.
With thousands feared dead, countless missing & trapped beneath the rubble, & many having lost their homes, the initial stages of recovery is critical. The world needs to hear the cries of the victims, the lost, the suffering, the crushed in spirit, the sick & the wounded. The world needs to respond out of love, compassion & mercy.

In an ideal world, I would love to transport myself and take my heart and body, use my hands & my mind to volunteer my time to help the Haitian people but because this is not my reality, I still need to help my neighbour...my Haitian brothers and sisters who have suffered great loss & who are in dire desperation for the basic needs of life. I can help by giving monetarily and through prayer.

Below are some reputable organizations that have staff personnel on the ground & in the field in Haiti working closely to help assist and work with those being directly affected by the earthquake.

World Vision Canada
Doctors Without Borders
Mennonite Central Committee
Red Cross
Oxfam Canada
Humanitarian Coalition (CARE Canada, Oxfam Canada, Free the Children Canada)

Until February 12, 2010, the Canadian government will match individual donations made to Haiti relief efforts.

Hold Me
Like The River Jordan
And I Will Then Say To Thee
You Are My Friend
Carry Me
Like You Are My Brother
Love Me Like A Mother
Will You Be There?
Weary
Tell Me Will You Hold Me

Lyrics from Michael Jackson's Will You Be There

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you.
Psalm 33:22

Dear: Heavenly Father,
Please keep watch over the Haitian people. Help the many volunteers & workers to mobilize and get the urgent medicines, food, and shelter to those most affected by the earthquake. Clothe the survivors with your comfort and grace. Grant them peace and hope despite unspeakable circumstances. Allow your love to transcend even the most dire of situations and keep them. Be with the people and have mercy over them. In Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me