Italia 2012

Italia 2012
Roman Colosseum & Ruins. Rome, Italy

Cycling on Hvar Island, Croatia

WELCOME!

Hi, welcome to my blog. This is the place where I often retreat to share reflections, thoughts, opinions, & rants...links, movie recommends & photos! Feel free to add your thoughts and opinions.


"Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired."
Mother Teresa

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Awesome #3 - Memory Lane

Going Down Memory Lane
The last few days have been spent cleaning out my boxes of old cards, letters, notes, and knick knacks. Since the school year was too hectic to deal with my boxes of build up and collections, I had to finally face the music since there was no excuse now that I'm on summer holidays! As I was sifting through my things, I read through old cards and letters, as well as photos. The whole time, I couldn't help but have this great big smile on my face as I remembered old friends who have come and gone through the different seasons of my life and their lives. In fact, as I was reading, at some points, I was even in danger of getting a little emotional! Every season brought different joys and varying degrees of struggle in our journeys and experiences. It was like I was brought back in a time machine and looking back to my time at camp, university, teacher's college, etc...so many fond memories and so many rich experiences! I couldn't help but miss them greatly and wondered with curiosity what they were up to in life in the present time and how they were doing???

It is very rare to hang-on to true friendships for a "life-time"...and sometimes, I almost feel if it were selfish to secretly want that in life. In reality, the people that have come and gone in my life have represented a mosaic of goodness and blessing! I have been given so much and I count friendship a true treasure and gift in life. No matter what stage I was in my life, God always blessed me with caring, generous, kind and loving people who came into my life and became a part of who I was! Despite many of them having come and gone, the exercise of walking down memory lane gave me those moments to cherish again and to relive such fondness and lovingness! Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me