Italia 2012

Italia 2012
Roman Colosseum & Ruins. Rome, Italy

Cycling on Hvar Island, Croatia

WELCOME!

Hi, welcome to my blog. This is the place where I often retreat to share reflections, thoughts, opinions, & rants...links, movie recommends & photos! Feel free to add your thoughts and opinions.


"Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired."
Mother Teresa

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Worth the Wait

Dear: Brother,

On your graduation day, being me, I didn't let a tear release from its duct although I knew that they were lining up trying to get out! I can't say enough to adequately express how extremely proud I am of your accomplishments on becoming a firefighter! I'm so proud to say that my brother is a firefighter!

During the course of your life, there were many highs as there were lows, with its many triumphs and defeats. Like many of us, we often head down a myriad of different paths and sometimes take longer to get to where we want and need to be. Sometimes, it even takes us one more extra mile to achieve our dreams. Regardless of the journey, we never quit and we always fight for what we want and for our dreams. Brother, you never quit...congrats!

It's humbling to serve others but I can only imagine in your profession, the safety of the public & of property are in your hands. Your job will be arduous, challenging, fulfilling and I'm sure, at times, heartbreaking. But, as you begin a prosperous career, know that an entourage of family and friends are here to support, pray and encourage you. And, among the pack, will be #3 cheering you on!

Be safe, be smart & be well!

Your day to shine...

"The LORD bless you and keep you;
the LORD make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward youand give you peace."
Numbers 6:24-26




1 comment:

About Me