Italia 2012

Italia 2012
Roman Colosseum & Ruins. Rome, Italy

Cycling on Hvar Island, Croatia

WELCOME!

Hi, welcome to my blog. This is the place where I often retreat to share reflections, thoughts, opinions, & rants...links, movie recommends & photos! Feel free to add your thoughts and opinions.


"Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired."
Mother Teresa

Friday, July 9, 2010

The Lil' Things...

Recently, my friend, KW, got me a book entitled, The Book of Awesome" by Neil Pasricha and I was so delighted to discover how much I really, really liked the book! Too much of life is depressing, rushed and stressful. I think that when we make deliberate attempts to find the smaller things in life, moments that we can treasure, smile and enjoy, life would be so much more positive, with rays of sunshine streaming in to counter the sometimes, thunderstorms in our lives. In my sometimes worry-wort and flustered kind of state, I also want to remember to practise the presence of God because I know that He walks with me through every moment of my life.

So to that effect, I want to try to practice seeking and finding moments to give thanks for and to just soak and be grateful for those moments:

An Unexpected Gift
Today, a good friend of mine dropped by to pick-up something and to my surprise and delight brought me a bottle of wine as a housewarming type gift. That was completely unexpected, uncalled for, and definitely much appreciated! Now, I can add joyfully to the Yee Wine Cellar! Haha!

This thing of unexpected gifts is uniquely special because of the thought that's involved. I appreciate the thought more than the actual gift because the thought and that mere moment of thinking of me is precious in of itself!

There's a SALE on something you want to buy!
I'm not much of a shopper unless it's for groceries! However, there are the odd times where I'll be eyeballing something and choose not to buy it and wait. Then, when you least expect it, you return to the store only to find out that there's a sale on the product! It's such a wicked steal especially when you're on a budget and tight on spending!

To be contd...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me