Italia 2012

Italia 2012
Roman Colosseum & Ruins. Rome, Italy

Cycling on Hvar Island, Croatia

WELCOME!

Hi, welcome to my blog. This is the place where I often retreat to share reflections, thoughts, opinions, & rants...links, movie recommends & photos! Feel free to add your thoughts and opinions.


"Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired."
Mother Teresa

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Loathing in Sickness...

The pains of when I get sick...

Today, I came across an interesting piece of info. As I was visiting the doctor checking out my latest respiratory problem, he told me that I had pneumonia when I was 6 yrs-old!
This important new bit of information about my medical history helps me to understand so much...

Every year for many years now, I have been susceptible to getting chronic respiratory illnesses such as bronchitis, throat infection, chest infection, or laryngitis! Annually, due in part, to my occupation (I'm in a yeller's profession), I also face the possibility of losing my voice! Being around children all day and being in an environment where germ phobics are seriously threatened each & every day (I don't know how ppl. w/ OCD can possibly survive!?!)...

In my current state, I struggle for breath, coughing like I feel I'm going to hack out my insides sorry for laying bare the yucky details, sore throat, don't even want to reveal what I hack out, headaches, body temperature changes almost as fast as my mood (ha ha!), feelin' sorry for myself, a complete halt to my regular routines, [shutdown]...I feel helpless & annoyed that I'm in this state...

I took 1.5 days off this past week from school I have 140 sick days so it's tempting just to use ALL those up! Ha! It's frustrating being in this state of sickness because I feel helpless & imprisoned...doing nothing & being confined to hibernation...sleep, rest, doing very low key things, no work (good thing)...

I'm missing the gym like crazy...I've missed 2 classes so far & am in danger of missin' Monday's double the pleasure classes if I don't feel better by then.
...When you're not yourself & when you're not engaging in the things you love to do, it does suck...it's not great also to be down & out...HOWEVER, I'm thankful that it will hopefully be only a matter of time before I get better & fully recover...Often, sickness visits me in the guise of sickness...to remind me in a powerful way that I need to take time out to relax & for my life to take a little-hiatus-of- a-break...Did I mention already that I'm feelin' sorry for myself?

Until then, I can take advantage & rent some movies, Facebook, blog, read...& feel sorry for myself..haha heehee...

Until next time, thanks for reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me